Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 1:47:44 PM EDT
The other day I posted a thread about the RAS II and having difficulty mounting my Aimpoint on the hump.  On the YHM thread we were talking about mil-spec and whatnot.  It got me to thinking, when I was trying to find out WTF was going on with the scope, mount, rail, hump, upper and so on.  One thing I did notice, when mounted on the hump I was way off with the QRP, then when I was on the upper I was much more centered, almost where I needed to be.  Then when I was in front of the hump out on the HG rail I was essentially the same as on the receiver.  What would cause this?  This is the sequence of mounting

1.  Mounted on hump, visually check
2.  Mounted on receiver, visually check
3.  Mounted out on the HG rail visually check

In that order and with nothing tampered with between location changes.  Do you all think this is an issue or real estate on the hump or maybe something is torqued on the HG?  I have re-installed the HG and still have the same issues.  Though I do notice that I can manually shift the Aimpoint on the hump and it will remain shifted so I'm leaning towards the real estate issue/QRP issue.

Give me some input if you don't mind.  And right now I'm good to go on the QRP on the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
TNR,

In another thread, I believe Wes (MSTN) said that the QRP will not co-witness on a RASII hump. Only
the ARMS & GG&G will at a height of 1.10".
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Pcurtis, it co-witnessed visually, but didn't want to "lock-up".  Wonder if that was what he meant.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It seems your RAS-II is on correctly because you said when mounted on the handguard and the receiver, they were both aligned perfectly.  And you said the only discrepency was when mounted to the hump.  If this is the case then I would ask if there is enough real estate (rails) on the hump to mount the QRP to.  I have not seen a QRP so I do not know how it attaches.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll see if I can't get a pic of it on the hump at some point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top