Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:35:20 PM EDT
I currently use a few different mounting systems for my lights. For standard handheld Surefire lights, I am using a DD offset mount. It is easy enough to remove, as it has a thumb screw, but I want something quicker with a great grip when mounted.

Does anyone make a QD light mount (offset preferred)? I'm pretty sure they do, but am having trouble locating one. I figure if this group can't help me, no one can. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:55:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2008 12:58:35 PM EDT by N2CH_556]
Larue

ETA: The above link is for light/mount combos and has pretty pictures for reference. You can get just the mounts here. Plenty of the industry partners (blinky ads at the top of this page) sell mounts as well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:16:41 PM EDT
Thanks, that is exactly what I'm looking for. It's for a lightweight carbine that I currently have a X300 on (for weight). I am just not happy with the illumination distance with this setup, so I'm going to try out a SF 9P with M60 drop-in.

Any other manufacturers make a similar product?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:50:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:54:45 PM EDT
I dont think you get more range with a 9P vs a 6 volt set up with the Malkoff LED set up, just more run time. Both are still 235+ lumens.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:59:25 AM EDT
That is correct.

I said above that I was unhappy with the outdoor throw with the X300 mounted on my carbine, so I put it on a pistol (where it works quite well). I chose the 9P over a 6P simply for the longer run time. I may go to a 6P (I have several) for compactness and spare battery storage issues.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:43:33 AM EDT
Larue.

Best mounts, period. Though, more and more, I ask myself why I need a QD/return-to-zero mount for a light. But, if that is what you want; Larue is your answer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:16:31 AM EDT
It's not so much about return to zero. It's not even that I don't want it on the gun during daylight -- I practice with it mounted always. It's a matter of being able to quickly remove the light for field expedience. Recent experience has proved to me that moving through heavy brush is problem enough without the added limb-magnet attached. In low-light, it's an unavoidable annoyance. But during daylight, it would be nice to stick that thing in a pocket or pouch until later.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:59:07 AM EDT
I have my light mounted with aLarue offset ring and I pull mine off unless I am using it and use my light handheld... its not as comfortable but it works fine. I am limited to the icepick style grip though... cant hold it between the fingers and use the flanges that come on my light for use with a handgun it that way.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:55:26 PM EDT
Top Top