Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2003 2:58:44 AM EDT
First off, thanks for looking as always

When using your TA31 in low light with tritium illumination what parts of the reticle are illuminated? Can you see the BDC lines or just the donut/triangle/chevron?

I guess what I'm asking is, what does the reticle look like at night?

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Just the reticle not the BDC lines.  On crosshairs like the Compact or NSN it just the very center of the crosshair.  For the TA01 its a lot more.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I guess what I'm asking is, what does the reticle look like at night?

View Quote

It looks like a red donut.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]
It's how it'd look as it would during the day when the fiber optic tube gathers light, except a little dimmer.  Like Devl said, TA01 and TA01B have a fully lit (everything glows) reticle, [img]trijicon-inc.com/parts/11BB.jpg[/img]. TA01NSN and TA01C reticles are only center (with cross hair, and ranging reticle)lit [img]trijicon-inc.com/parts/E7A.jpg[/img] This image came from Trijicon, is that of a TA01C, TA01NSN looks similar exept its reticle is amber.
BTW, you're exceedingly courteous, what a gentlman! [:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for your insight guys. The majority of my nighttime skunk slaying festivities are inside of 100 meters so I wouldn't need the BDC lines anyway.

Mainly I was curious after seeing the nighttime reticles in some of the non-BAC units on trijicon's site.

I'm still in the learning stages of this purchase but it would seem that the advantages of the BAC ACOGs outweigh the advantages of the non-BAC versions-at least with what I'm going to use it for.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Curious,

At night in complete darkness, can you still see the tritium donute?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
yes.

The Pig.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top