Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/10/2010 4:29:17 PM EST
I'm on BCM's site just looking and I see NFA next to some of the SBR's. Whats it stand for?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:30:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 4:31:39 PM EST by Harv24]
National Fire Arms Act..

It means that any uppers you buy that are shorter then 16" require you to be in compliance with the NFA rules and have the proper paperwork and stamps to own those short barreled uppers.

Your responsible... not BCM.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:31:27 PM EST
National Firearms Act
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:32:39 PM EST
So I guess I need the paper before purchase. How does this work. Edumicate me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:51:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By norcal5815:
So I guess I need the paper before purchase. How does this work. Edumicate me.

You don't need any paper work to buy it... They will ship It to your door, but the second you install it on a lower without the proper paperwork your looking at a felony.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:49:06 PM EST
Look at class 3 under the Armory tab. There are some stickies that should help.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:58:14 PM EST
Basically you need a 16" or get a tax stamp for shorter then 16"
14.5" can have a permanete flash hider or comp attached to bring the barrel to 16+"
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:38:27 PM EST
I doubt you can own any NFA items in CA. I'm not sure about a AR pistol though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:10:01 PM EST
No class 3 available in CA.
Top Top