Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 5:55:56 AM EDT
I believe that you can get a quick release mount for scopes that go on the carry handle?
I want to be able to remove a scope, and then replace it when necessary, and still maintain the zero.

I spoke to the gunsmith,  and he tells me that accuracy of the re-mounted scope will be oviousley affected by the quality of the mount.

Does anybody have any experience of this type of gadget or personal preference?

regards

bbutter
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a big fan of the A2 and have tried all the mounts out there and most of the A2 scope mounts are junk, both quality wise and repeatable zero wise.  The only carry handle mount that has held a repeatable zero for me is the ARMS #2.  Very high quality mount.  

Mounting a scope in the carry handle you may find a consistant cheekweld is a problem and might also consider something along the lines of the Cherokee Cheekpiece.  Mounting a scope that high over the bore isn't the most desirable thing in relation to hyper accurate shooting but the ARMS #2 is up to the job...

[url]www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/5855-01-299-777.asp[/url]

edited for linky....
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
DarkStar:
Thanks for the info on the ARMS #2, all my AR's are A2 config. Now that I am over fifty the open sights are a little fuzzy for me so have been looking into mounts and optics. My next bulid will be with a flat top upper to give me a few more choices, but will give the ARMS #2 a try first.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Many thanks.

I will look into the mount that you suggest.
I will definiteley try the cheek piece that you suggested. I have a colt type handle scope fitted now, and cheek weld is a bit hit and miss without adding the extra hieght of the quick release mount.

Thanks again for your time

regards
bbutter

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the ARMS mount and have had great luck with it. For experimentation purposes I tried on an A3 carry handle too, and it fits perfectly [:)]

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/HBAR_leupold.JPG[/img]

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/M4_Scope.JPG[/img]

I've also had great luck with the Cherokee cheeckpiece. A lower profile version is also available.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/Cherokee.JPG[/img]

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Currently I have 2 dedicated ArmaLite A2's setup with ARMS #2's, Leupold scopes and the Cherokee Cheekpiece.  It works very well keeping a consistant cheekweld...

About the best price I've found for a 'real' Delta cheekpiece is here:

[url]www.aspitactical.com/cherokee/details/ver8-2061.asp?PRODUCT_ID=2061[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top