Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/6/2005 8:55:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2005 8:57:01 AM EDT by JimmyThompson]
Bushmaster sells the quick disconnect muzzle device for their carbon weapon systems. Has this been addressed before, I don't know. But would it work for a suppressor to be screwed onto this thing (same threads for the barrel muzzle 1/2X28") and get the barrel machined to accept the quick disconnecting system. I'm just curious, I'm sure you folks are tired of reading about my "curiosities" but.....what the heck'.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/c15accessories/az-15133.asp
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:17:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:18:25 AM EDT
My guess is you would get baffle strikes on some mounts/barrels and if you did it would not be warrantied by the manufacturer of the suppressor. Additionally you would have a larger shift in POI after swapping a suppressor with oune of those and flash hider with one of those than if you used a combination mount that had a permanant flash hider and some method of mounting a suppressor like KAC, Gemtech, AAC, Troy, Jet, etc.

I could be wrong but that s my best supposition. I also would not trust the ball bearig detent to hold on a full fledged sound suppressor and not rip off.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:54:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2005 9:55:01 AM EDT by JimmyThompson]
Why the "new system"? Because I have a can' threading to the muzzle and IF it could work it would be easier for me to mod my barrels than to purchase another suppressor.
Top Top