Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2003 5:10:06 PM EDT
Can I order a chrome lined 20" barrel from them? I'm looking at their standard A2 model, but I want the peace of mind that comes with a chrome barrel. I know it is not necessarily easier to clean, but I am going to be shooting this under all conditions, and sometimes with military surplus M855 ammo ( read the ammo oracle so I won't have to ask any stupid, repetitive questions ). THis rifle would be for range use from 100 to 500 yards, but I don't need STERLING accuracy - this gun will also have to double as a home-defense gun, so the chrome chamber and bore is a must.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I beleive that only some of the M4 barrels have chromelining.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No, I beleive that only some of the M4 barrels have chromelining.
View Quote

Yeah, and some of their barrels sold as "chrome lined"--aren't.  I know; I got stuck w/one, and made the mistake of not checking it out before I mounted and fired it.

So if you order a chrome lined barrel, make sure it is BEFORE you put it on and use it

Silly me.  I thought I'd get what I paid for without having to check it out[;D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Call RRA and ask for Steve. You may have to wait, but he'll probably get you one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a million. Do they have an E-mail address?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]
sham, how do you check it to make sure it is chromelined?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
If it's chrome-lined there will be a ring of silver around the muzzle where the parkerizing doesn't stick to the chrome.  One of these days I'll remember to bookmark that picture Troy posts that shows it...

Last I heard chrome-lined was only available on RRA M4 barrels, but it doesn't hurt to call them and ask.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Or...you can call Pete-in-NH (Legal Transfers) or Donnie (Sableco) - both listed in the Industry Forum. They'll know if RRA has (or will have) chromelined barrels in other lengths/configs. If not, then either one will sell you a non-RRA chrome lined that they probably have in stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top