Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 4:34:59 PM EST
I have a bushmaster ar15, and was wondering:

Does it matter what company makes the stock you intend to use? Like will a colt, or rra stock fit my bushmaster.

Also are any special tools needed to do the job?

Off topic from the rest but is it really necessary to clean the gas tube? I thought i remember reading her that its not necessary, but the bushmaster manual says it is.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:46:22 PM EST
If you are talking about swapping an A2 for a collapsible, any stock will fit, the threads are the same.

TO clean your gas tube, pull the trigger on some XM193 .
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:19:38 PM EST
The stocks are interchangeable but the buffer spring is not. Make sure you use the proper length spring with a new stock. I wipe down my buffer spring once every month or so with a rag with some rem oil on it. Don't goup up the spring with a bunch of oil or grease it will collect dirt.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:16:34 PM EST
How do you tell what length buffer spring you need?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:50:12 PM EST
There are three sizes; pistol; C.A.R.; rifle. Get a matching reciever extention (buffer tube) buffer, and spring at the same time, my C.A.R. stock came with two springs and a buffer. Go to Model1sales.com and see every thing you need listed right there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:45:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By Edd2016:
I have a bushmaster ar15, and was wondering:

Does it matter what company makes the stock you intend to use? Like will a colt, or rra stock fit my bushmaster.

Also are any special tools needed to do the job?

If you haven't already ordered one get one on the EE from ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=213776. Good price and great people . They also include the "special" tool. Also will need a big screwdriver and some loctite. They have a good set of instructions on their web site www.rbprecision.com/rb_precision_ar15_performance_tips_.htm. Just remember to watch out for flying springs . IF I remember correctly, the same company makes the RRA & Bushy stocks.

FB
Top Top