Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:11:00 AM EDT
What is the difference between the green label, blue label, etc of Colt AR's ?

How does one know what he/she owns if box was thrown out or doesn't this have anything to do with it ?

Thanks in advance.

Eagle 3
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:15:21 AM EDT
Colt AR-15 box colors info: biggerhammer.net
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:45:19 AM EDT
Thanks for the info. I understand the box colors. I guess I should have asked how does one know what one has if he doe not have the origional box ?

Thanks in advance.

Eagle 3
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:00:41 AM EDT
Interesting. When I got my 6920 back in 2002 (sold it recently and regret it), it had a small white label. Perhaps something to do with an export, or not the original box. See pic below.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:14:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Eagle3:
Thanks for the info. I understand the box colors. I guess I should have asked how does one know what one has if he doe not have the original box ?

Thanks in advance.

Eagle 3

Look up Team Member Ekie's threads on the Colt AR15 models and find your model, serial number, etc. and that will tell you when it was made

The box colors are by date. Hence if you know the date, you know the color
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:51:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:

Look up Team Member Ekie's threads on the Colt AR15 models and find your model, serial number, etc. and that will tell you when it was made

The box colors are by date. Hence if you know the date, you know the color

+1

Search for team member Ekie as the author of the threads and look at your model's number, look at the serial number ranges to narrow down the year when your rifle was made.

To be sure when your rifle was made post your partial serial number on your rifle's model thread and Ekie will post the make year.

Most rifles (but not all) have the date stamp on the barrel behind the front sight base, the handguards have to be removed to see it.

Per the biggerhammer website tan label (from '66-'84), green ('84-'89), white ('89-'90) and blue ('91 to current) which are estimated dates only by AR15.com members, if yours is in between these years the only way to find out for sure is to contact the Colt factory.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:18:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Eagle3:
Thanks for the info. I understand the box colors. I guess I should have asked how does one know what one has if he doe not have the origional box ?

Thanks in advance.

Eagle 3

Serial # on my Green box matches the #s on the AR.
Top Top