Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2005 7:46:57 PM EDT
Thank you to everyone here for all of the great info that helped me make my decision on my first AR setup!  Before I am lynched, don't worry, I will post pictures sometime soon when the lighting is better and I can find a better backdrop than the carpet.  

A few questions:

- Is my new RRA Elite CAR A4 supposed to come with a manual?  It did not come with one.

- How do I register my gun with Rock River to ensure the lifetime warranty?  I purchased it NIB through a dealer.  It came with no warranty card, and I cannot find anything on RRA's website.

- Is the front sling side-swivel supposed to jiggle around?  (And what sling do you recommend that can be modified for multiple carry methods?)

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My Elite CAR A4  came with a manual, and warranty card enclosed. Check with your dealer, on the warranty card, maybe he has it..
My front sling side-swivel is fine.

Enjoy

PICS? PICS?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Manual should have been in box (beige AR/AF TM).  If there is not one, go to RRA website:
www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm
Goto e-mail RRA, bottom left column.  Tell them none in box and they will send it.
Registering? It has Rock Rivers name on it. Just as good as the name "Craftsman".
The side sling swivel is "loose" on the barrel so it rotates partially around the barrel.

How do I know this you ask? Guess who has it's older brother?
My only regret is that this old fart didn't get into the AR game much earlier.
Welcome!!!

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
'Tis nothing too fancy yet.

I got it with the Phantom 5C2 flash hider, RRA winter trigger guard, and ARMS #40 rear sight.  I wanted the PRI big latch, but apparently it was out of stock.

Anyone else's thoughts on my questions above?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, now you have me worried.  We are just starting winter weather here the DFW area with a couple of nights at 15 degrees, but a winter trigger guard?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]
What can I say?  I am a wuss.

If the zombie-terrorist invasion comes in the night during January or February, you better believe I'll be wearing warm gloves for the battle!  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Shit I have the winter guard here in Florida. Were in the dead of winter right now. It may hit 60 tonight
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Shit I have the winter guard here in Florida. Were in the dead of winter right now. It may hit 60 tonight

Don't make us start mocking you again....

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to hell Stick
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Other thoughts on my original questions?  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't make us start mocking you again....

+1

I'm glad if it's over 15 during the day. It's been touching the 30's recently and I'm happier than a pig in shi.........that's pretty happy

On topic, I only use USGI slings as I can sling it across the front of me, have it hanging ant the ready only around my neck, or have it slung over my back, muzzle down.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an assembled RRA upper.  It came with no paperwork but does have the lifetime warranty.  I had a small problem with the handguard heatshields.  Called the dealer who put me in touch with RRA.  They replaced the handguards no questions.  While the guards took a while to get to me because of backorders due to the sunset, RRA was very good about honoring the warranty.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey now, it's 26 degrees outside right now.  Cold enough for my winter trigger guard.  Should I go run around outside with my new AR and see if the winter trigger guard works with gloves?...right in the middle of the apartment complex?

Also, my dealer said he'd have RRA send me a manual.

Any other recommendations on slings?  Something that is comfy and convertible?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's a pic:

Shot it today, and posted some observations about the experience here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=261771

'Twas sweeeet.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top