Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2006 9:30:25 AM EDT
This gun appears to be unfired. Are there any markings on the bolt carrier or upper that identify it as Colt? The lower is obviously marked. It also has the strangest looking buffer I have ever seen. All black plastic with some sort of weight in the front. I am used to the gold colored ones. Is this usual for Colt? What are your opinions on threading the muzzle for a standard break or hider? I don't need anything too high speed just want to protect the muzzle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Replace the Plastic buffer.  It can crack.

Definitely get your barrel threaded.  An uncircumcized AR just ain't right!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Bolt Carrier will be marked with a "C" on the side.
Bolt should be marked MPC or MPXC or "C" (common for postban match targets)
Extractor will be marked with a "C"
Bolt/Carrier/Extractor Markings (too big to post)

Upper should be marked with a C and an additional symbol or letter for forge code, or a stylized "D" for diemaco (colt canada).
Colt Martin Marietta Upper (too big to post)

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help. I am replacing the A-2 stock and buffer and spring with a RRA 6 pos. stock. The upper, bolt and carrier are Colt for sure. Thanks for all the help. I may need to find a different smith to thread my barrel as one told me they must pin on the break/hider but only charge 30.00 to 40.00 for the job. The other wants $90.00 just to thread the barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top