Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/3/2005 6:10:55 PM EDT
The rifle is a post ban with the big front pin and screw. Can this rifle (upper and/or lower) be modified somehow to a standard pin size so that I can use different uppers? OR... Does someone make some kind of pin adaptor so that it will accomodate another upper? Or should I trade it for some other AR that has standard pin sizes and go from there if I want to use different uppers? Also, is there a difference in the size of the stock if I change to a collapsable version? Please don't turn this thread into a Colt vs everything else thread. I have seen plenty of opinions on that already. Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:32:27 PM EDT
Not to insult your intelligence, but are you sure that it has the large pivot? If so, it will have a double screw head. The small pivot screw-type pins only have a screw head on one side.

Bushmaster sells adapter pins that allow mil-spec small pivot uppers to be used on large pivot lowers.

Or if you want to spend the bucks, you could send it off to American Manufacturing and have the lower permanently converted to small pivot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:11:02 PM EDT
Mmm...that is interesting. The front pin only has the screw on one side as you said. Does anyone know the difference in the size of the pins?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:02:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:53:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JTP64:
Mmm...that is interesting. The front pin only has the screw on one side as you said. Does anyone know the difference in the size of the pins?

He said post ban. It is probably the small diameter front pivot pin, with a slotted screw head on the left side only. My MT6700 is like that. Push pin replacements are available(DPMS made mine). Any current aftermarket uppers should fit.

Paladin
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:01:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2005 2:04:37 PM EDT by Kisara]
I remember seeing a link to a place that welds up the large hole and then redrills the smaller hole in the correct position. I'll try to find the URL to the shop. Fee was nominal; I'm only afraid of the refinishing process not matching the same shade of original gray color. Maybe send in the upper to be refinished at the same time?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:32:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kisara:
I remember seeing a link to a place that welds up the large hole and then redrills the smaller hole in the correct position. I'll try to find the URL to the shop. Fee was nominal;

Here is a place. @ $100 per hole
Top Top