Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 6:14:01 PM EDT
Finally got to the range with my CAR A4. It has a RRA upper, RRA 5.56 lower with 6-position stock, RRA mag block, RRA 9mm hammer, RRA 9mm buffer, and RRA converted Uzi mags. The first several mags fed and fired without any problems. Then I started to get failures to eject. It was just starting to get dark outside so I packed up and went home. I checked out the rifle when I got home and noticed that the mag block had shifted down slightly in the magwell and the tension screw was a little loose. SO, my question is...How tight should I make this screw? I don't want it to come loose again but I don't want to damage anything either. Is it possible to damage the magwell by over tightening this screw? I didn't use loctite or anything on it when I first installed it because I didn't know if it would need to be adjusted after test firing or not. Should I use loctite(blue of course) on the tension screw?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a factory built RRA 9mm and the block in it is rock solid.  I am not sure if they used loctite or not.  However, if I were you I would ask the question in the industry forum under RR's board.  The moderator there answers questions pretty quickly.  That would probably be your best bet.  Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help...good luck!

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the RRA 9mm setup.  I did retighten the block in mine after shooting the first couple of mags.  It had become a little loose but did not cause any functioning issuses.  I don't have a torque value  but it is tight.
If you read this board alot..... you will know to keep a eye on the pin that holds in the extractor on the bolt!

Forgot to mention that I did not use Loctite.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have nearly the exact same setup as you (except it's a Bushmaster lower), and I exprerienced a few FTFeed issues. I think it was because the magwell was coming loose after pulling a few mags out. I didn't even tighten the screw when I first got it, but I'm going to now and see if that makes a difference next time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The extractor pin looks fine. (for now) I think the block shifted down just enough to make the ejector miss the cases. I'll have to wait until I can test it again.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top