Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 10:47:39 AM EDT
I am considering getting a lower half from LMT.  This lower comes with the CAR stock.  Is this Car stock the ribbed or the older style?  Also is their buffer tube milspec so if I decide at a later time to by the SOCOM stock I won't have to buy another buffer tube.  Any answers would be apreciated.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The LMT lower should come with a M4\SOCOM style stock just like the second one in this ad listed as LMT Gen2 Stock and yes, it uses the Milspec tube. Just so you know, Colt, LMT and Vltor are the only companies making\using\selling mil-spec buffer tubes.

Do me a favor, let me know where you are getting that LMT lower and how much they are charging. I would like to get one once (or should I say if?) they start selling them without the LEO only markings.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I work for an FFL so that is where I will be getting it.  As for the LEO markings, that is one of the reasons I was wanting one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I work for an FFL so that is where I will be getting it.  As for the LEO markings, that is one of the reasons I was wanting one.

Yeah, I guess I'm weird but I don't find that marking appealing at all. To each their own you know?!

Can you do me a favor, when your boss orders it, ask him to ask them if they plan to leave off that marking in the future?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be the one ordering so I will be sure to ask.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I will be the one ordering so I will be sure to ask.

Cool thanks!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered the lower half today.  They said it would be two weeks because they build them to order.  The lady said it would still have the LEO markings on them.  She didn't know wether or not they would be omiting the markings anytime soon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:33:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I ordered the lower half today.  They said it would be two weeks because they build them to order.  The lady said it would still have the LEO markings on them.  She didn't know wether or not they would be omiting the markings anytime soon.

Thanks for checking.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Mdfoster,

Drop me an e-mail as I want to order one too & I need their contact info. I'm an FFL. Thanks!

Robert
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Robert,

Check your email.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
cgv69,

I got my lower today and it doesn't have the LEO markings on it.  They must have stopped putting it on them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
cgv69,

I got my lower today and it doesn't have the LEO markings on it.  They must have stopped putting it on them.

mdfoster - thanks for the follow-up. I tried to e-mail you this but you have that function disabled...

I assuming you  did order yours assembled and it come with gen2\socom stock? Would you be able to order one and ship it to my FFL? If so, how much $ ? Any chance I could buy a stripped lower?

How was the quality? I bought a PWA marked\LMT lower a few months ago and the quality wasn't very good so I'm a little leery. Feel free to e-mail me if you would prefer.

Thanks again

Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top