Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 1:06:10 PM EDT
I'm about to replace my DPMS Southpaw's 20" HBAR with a Bushmaster M4-style (16" including whizzy-dizzy muzzle brake/flash thangie) barrel assembly.  Thinking through the process left me wondering the following:  If I'm changing barrels, do I need to also make changes to, or change out, the recoil buffer and/or spring?  Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Algonquin
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:16:31 PM EDT
Your recoil buffer and spring are dependent on the buttstock, [b]not[/b] the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:11:01 PM EDT
Okay, that makes sense.  I'm used to the world of 1911's -- change a spring here, it affects the timing over there, etc.  I just wondered if the weights in the buffer needed to be changed, or if the shorter barrel would produce less back-pressure, etc.  I appreciate the advice.

It's all a moot point, anyway -- I just ordered one of those Ace shorty skeleton stocks from Bushmaster!  First time I've ever seen one -- this thing is gonna look really cool...!

Thanks again for the help!  I'll be following your barrel replacement instructions, too...

Algonquin
Top Top