Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:06:29 PM EDT
Since you dont accept instant messages Ill post here.Since when is posting an AR related thread irrespective of weather there is similar one elsewhere going on a violation of the code of conduct causing it to be locked.Its been going on 3 days but it gets locked today.Why dont we just take away free speach here at this so called"PUBLIC FORUM" and be done with.Im sorry but this is unacceptable.I see slanderous threads go on longer before they get locked down so I guess because my experience was not sensational enough it gets locked..thats BS.I see similar questions of all types get asked all the time with no one locking them.For a forum that promotes freedom of choice in buying and owning fire arms you had no problem squashing the first ammendment.Thanks and good job try locking down threads that really deserve it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
No sh*t.

Some people don't have the time to go through a long ass thread to see if they can find an answer to a question they might have.

It was an active topic with decent info answering questions people had right then.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Free speech doesn't apply to a PRIVATELY owned forum.  It was a dupe and it's just the internet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
BRUSH DOG I dont care if it was a dupe,if the first thread concerning 9mm buffers were that popular and ACTIVE it would be in the first couple of pages.The conversation was good and I was starting to learn alot based on others experiences.Its a shame I never heard of the buffer Kisara mentioned and was looking forward to learn more.Free speach dosent apply,,,okay Stalin what ever.Like I said it violated no code of conduct rules.Sice when is a similar thread a violation of the code of conduct and deserving to be locked.I dont like censorship and that is what this is plain and simple.So now we have the thread police here even when its an AR discussion.Like the saying goes dont like what you read turn the page and read something else.A dupe thread is a piss poor excuse since this thread went on for a few days.When something needs to be locked or action taken against situations or inapropriate comments no action is taken or people drag their asses before something is done.Its BS.I say this isnt a private forum its PUBLIC.I didnt have to take a test or have someone vouch for me to join like a PRIVATE country club or social club.Its a privately owned site but it is a PUBLIC forum and thats where you are wrong.There are no qualifications or dues paid to join here so how can you say its PRIVATE.Its not a MEMBERS ONLY site but maybe it should be if your gonna squash legitimate topicsSo privately owned does not mean private forums...like I said unless you charge money to join or need other members to vouch for you its a privately owned public forum.Just because you paid to be a team memeber and are here a year dosent make you site DICTATOR.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you aware that KevinB is Canadian, and is going to be less than impressed with your internet view of US first amendment?

Its a dupe thread, and if they weren't killed, this place would be nothing but clutter.  Saying that it ran three days is like saying you always speed, so you shouldn't get the ticket when you are caught.

Don't take it personal, it needs to be done.

ETA-  You made your above post while I was typing, and you might want to reconsider your choice of words.  If you don't like it, leave this place and come back later, but if you keep posting like the above, you might not have a choice in it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no dog in this fight but I'd like to point that BrushDog is absolutely correct. Posting on any privately owned Internet forum is a privilege, not a right. Site management and owners can do whatever they see fit.

It's not censorship either. You could cut and paste every one of your posts from the locked thread into the other thread and they'd probably be allowed to stand.

If the locked thread went three days before being locked it's no doubt because the staff here have  lives of their own and can't be here 24/7.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BRUSH DOG I dont care if it was a dupe,if the first thread concerning 9mm buffers were that popular and ACTIVE it would be in the first couple of pages.The conversation was good and I was starting to learn alot based on others experiences.Its a shame I never heard of the buffer Kisara mentioned and was looking forward to learn more.Free speach dosent apply,,,okay Stalin what ever.Like I said it violated no code of conduct rules.Sice when is a similar thread a violation of the code of conduct and deserving to be locked.I dont like censorship and that is what this is plain and simple.So now we have the thread police here even when its an AR discussion.Like the saying goes dont like what you read turn the page and read something else.A dupe thread is a piss poor excuse since this thread went on for a few days.When something needs to be locked or action taken against situations or inapropriate comments no action is taken or people drag their asses before something is done.Its BS.I say this isnt a private forum its PUBLIC.I didnt have to take a test or have someone vouch for me to join like a PRIVATE country club or social club.Its a privately owned site but it is a PUBLIC forum and thats where you are wrong.There are no qualifications or dues paid to join here so how can you say its PRIVATE.Its not a MEMBERS ONLY site but maybe it should be if your gonna squash legitimate topicsSo privately owned does not mean private forums...like I said unless you charge money to join or need other members to vouch for you its a privately owned public forum.Just because you paid to be a team memeber and are here a year dosent make you site DICTATOR.

This forum is riddled with dupe topics about which abc and xyz lower is better.  Why not accept a little house cleaning once in a while to unclutter it.  

It was locked becuase it was a dupe.  It wasn't personal and it's not like I locked it.  You should really step back a few minutes and put things into perspective before posting again.  I'm just stating a fact and I'm not trying to dictate anything.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
All Im saying if its gonna be done do it every time it happens and I stick by my choice of words they are not vulgar and I will not be censored.Its my opinion and Im entitled to it.I see threads on the same subject all the time and never I seen this in the 3 years I have been here.Like I said if its gonna be done change the code of conduct to reflect it.And I agree threads that are of no use should be killed so kill the original thread that hasnt surfaced in the first couple of pages in awhile...thats how active it was.If a thread is inactive kill it...why kill one where good conversation and learning is taking place.I like it here and Im not going any where if I get tossed off the sight for not being vulgar and voicing my opinion it will show alot about what this site is about.I said nothing wrong.My thread was AR rekated,learning and good conversation was going on.Any one on this site is here because they belive in freedom and want to express themselves and tell of their experineces with certain parts or products.To kill a productive thread is CENSORESHIP pure and simple.I dont care where kevin is from I still think it was wrong to shit can the thread.Like I said if my thread was inactive its one thing.It seems when people are having good conversation,learning and getting along its frowned upon.If people are getting jumped on and sworn at that seems more acceptable lately....how sad.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry the moderator didn't like my question.    I apologize to the others who contributed or received info from that now-locked thread.    I'll ask on another forum.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#9]
BRUSHDOG I understand what your saying but it didnt need to be locked not when it was enjoyable for all who replied.Like I said if its clutter thats worried about then kill the first thread on the subject that seems not to be so active.To CJAN yes its privately owned and the staff can do as they see fit but that in itself does not make it right and to a certain degree it is like censoreship.To supress a topic based soley on what some one feels only from their point of view is censoreship..Clutter fine kill the right thread killing a good conversation is censoreship..sorry thats the way I feel and like I said cahnge the code of conduct then and make dupe threads a violation like bad language and dis respect because thats how this played out.I understand people have lives and cant be here 24/7 and that proves my point.If the site cannot be policed against dreaded DUPE threads and every thread be judged on that criteria then it should not be selective and left alone.Yes its privately owned but PRIVILLEGES are usually paid for thats what makes it a privellege.I dont think free opinions should be squashed based on clutter or any other excuse unless its threating,vulgar,or violent.Its still a public forum as we dont pay to post here.Thats my opinion Im sticking to it and Ill say no more and dignify the behavior with any more remarks.I dont take it as an attack against me just free speach and expression wich is my right not a privilege.If I offended any one sorry but thats how I feel and there was no grounds to kill the thread.I come here to learn,conversate and have a good time...that was abruptly ground to a halt tonight and its sad.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont be sorry Kisara Im sorry I couldnt have learned more about the buffer you spoke about that I never heard of
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe the thread started on the enidine hydraulic buffer by thompsongunner should be killed as well considering it was the buffer Kisara spoke of before the thread was locked

edit to link to thread
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#13]
The fact that Kisaras question would have taken the thread in an entirely new direction is all the more it shouldnt have been locked.Maybe if I said buffers in the title and not 9mm.like I said kill the old inactive threads.So I guess the hydraulic buffer thread stays....hows that for irony.At least its not just me that had a problem with your bad judgment.I dont need your cell#.If you want to do something really important kill your countrys open door policy on illegal imigrants that go there before they come here instaed of killing legitimate AR discussions.Im sure the other threads you locked hopefully conveyed the same effect to those people that you had on me and others tonight...good work keep it up,I know the burden of killing threads can only be shouldered by a select few.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Man you're really making a big deal over nothing here. He locked a dupe thread. It happens all the time. Let it go.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#15]
All Im looking for is consistency something rules written or unwritten lack here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Send me hate mail via email or IM please...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top