Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2011 10:17:36 AM EDT
I shot my new Colt today. There is a detent that keeps pressure on the rear sight, that sorta cocks the sight and turns it slightly to the left. I had to crank the sight pretty far over to the right to compensate for that. Is that normal? It's about 3 lines over to the right. I have it dead on (for me) @50 yards. But it sorta wondered me having it that far off center.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as you can zero it, its fine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#2]
That occurs with every A2 and Carry Handle sight. It is fine.

If it REALLY bothers you, you can buy the new stay straight match rear sight from Bushmaster and fit the parts to your carry handle.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]
you don't have to compensate for it, it's normal. annoying but normal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks fellows.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Normal, but fixable. you can have a pillar sight installed. 3 hash marks off your fsb is canted, but not enough to worry.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Normal, but fixable. you can have a pillar sight installed. 3 hash marks off your fsb is canted, but not enough to worry.

Well that stinks Hell it's a new Colt. I have a BUIS but I did not take it with me. I'll try it with that and see if it's still off. I had a optic with me and tried it but I was not happy using the 1-4 scope. I'm so used to irons from shooting my AK's that I'm just going to stick with iron sights.

But thanks, I'll look into the front site/gas block for cant.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

+1. You weren't compensating for the cant of the rear sight assembly, you were compensating for the front sight base not being completely centered, which is normal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1. You weren't compensating for the cant of the rear sight assembly, you were compensating for the front sight base not being completely centered, which is normal.

+1 ive never seen a perfecetly centered fsb
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a Bushmaster CH that was really bad, so I took a piece of black plastic from a TV dinner type bowl and "shimmed" the sight straight.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 ive never seen a perfecetly centered fsb

That is why i won't buy any ARs with a pinned FSB.  My S&W could not be zero'd, because the FSB was so canted. I replaced the FSB with a railed block and YHM gas block flip up sight.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top