Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 8/12/2011 10:17:36 AM EDT
I shot my new Colt today. There is a detent that keeps pressure on the rear sight, that sorta cocks the sight and turns it slightly to the left. I had to crank the sight pretty far over to the right to compensate for that. Is that normal? It's about 3 lines over to the right. I have it dead on (for me) @50 yards. But it sorta wondered me having it that far off center.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:19:46 AM EDT
As long as you can zero it, its fine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:24:25 AM EDT
That occurs with every A2 and Carry Handle sight. It is fine.

If it REALLY bothers you, you can buy the new stay straight match rear sight from Bushmaster and fit the parts to your carry handle.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:24:43 AM EDT
you don't have to compensate for it, it's normal. annoying but normal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:25:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:34:46 AM EDT
Thanks fellows.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:36:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2011 10:37:03 AM EDT by Gregory_K]
Normal, but fixable. you can have a pillar sight installed. 3 hash marks off your fsb is canted, but not enough to worry.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:11:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Gregory_K:
Normal, but fixable. you can have a pillar sight installed. 3 hash marks off your fsb is canted, but not enough to worry.

Well that stinks Hell it's a new Colt. I have a BUIS but I did not take it with me. I'll try it with that and see if it's still off. I had a optic with me and tried it but I was not happy using the 1-4 scope. I'm so used to irons from shooting my AK's that I'm just going to stick with iron sights.

But thanks, I'll look into the front site/gas block for cant.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:08:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gunner_71:

+1. You weren't compensating for the cant of the rear sight assembly, you were compensating for the front sight base not being completely centered, which is normal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:19:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:

+1. You weren't compensating for the cant of the rear sight assembly, you were compensating for the front sight base not being completely centered, which is normal.

+1 ive never seen a perfecetly centered fsb
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:32:31 PM EDT
I had a Bushmaster CH that was really bad, so I took a piece of black plastic from a TV dinner type bowl and "shimmed" the sight straight.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:47:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:

+1 ive never seen a perfecetly centered fsb

That is why i won't buy any ARs with a pinned FSB.  My S&W could not be zero'd, because the FSB was so canted. I replaced the FSB with a railed block and YHM gas block flip up sight.

Top Top