Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2008 2:27:36 PM EDT
Please bear with me, since I don't have a good digital camera to help explain my question.  I have a CAR heavy barrel.  

The diameter of the barrel in front of the FSB is of slightly smaller diameter than what is under the FSB.  

So if I take out the pins and move the FSB down to where it would be for a dissy, there is now a slighty gap between the barrel and the inside of the FSB.  Do dissy's have this gap too, or does the inside diameter of that forward FSB compensate for this?

Because I was trying to determine if I can turn my CAR heavy barrel into a dissy by just cutting down the existing FSB and ordering a new 0.75 FSB for the front.  Not sure if a gap there would affect performance, but to me it would look wrong even if it didn't.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
there are a couple other diameter FSB out there, I would say measure the barrel and see what the diameter is

or buy a 2 piece and clamp it, or a rail mount sight
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top