Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 1/2/2007 11:29:51 AM EST
If I change my collapsable stock to a fixed A2; will I have to switch to a full length buffer tube and buffer weight/spring combo?

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:50:30 AM EST
Yes. The receiver extension (aka buffer tube) is different and so is the spring and buffer.

If you have a fake (ban compliant) non-collapsing tele-stock, the buffer and spring on those stocks are actually an A2 buttstock spring and buffer.

HTH
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:23:40 PM EST
I too am thinking about changing my stock to fixed, so thanks for the info. A question though, are DPMS buffer tubes mil-spec?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:16:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:
Yes. The receiver extension (aka buffer tube) is different and so is the spring and buffer.

If you have a fake (ban compliant) non-collapsing tele-stock, the buffer and spring on those stocks are actually an A2 buttstock spring and buffer.

HTH

^^^^^This is definitely the case. I recently found out when I changed out my old fixed stock on a Bushy with a CTR and at first couldn't figure out why I couldn't pull the charging handle/bolt back all the way. A swap to the shorter buffer/spring solved the problem.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:22:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By rivit:
I too am thinking about changing my stock to fixed, so thanks for the info. A question though, are DPMS buffer tubes mil-spec?

The whole milspec vs civi-spec buffer tube thing only applies to carbine buffer tubes. All full-size buffer tubes are the same size.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:46:09 PM EST
Thankyou
Top Top