Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2009 2:25:57 PM EDT
How much picitiny rail do to need to attach the m4/s reliably?  I'd like to put this optic on a LRB M25 m14.  The rail on the m25 is 4 1/2 inches long.  The front and rear part of the rail that you actually mount to is 1 inch.  Is this enough rail to attach to, or should I get a comp m3 so I can use 1 30mm ring?  I'm hoping the m4s will attach to my rifle with no problems.

Here is a pic to help out.  the light yellow line is 4.5 inches.  the red line is 1 inch. will I have a hard time mounting the m4s on this rail?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
With what you show, I would go with the M3 and the 30mm mount.  The M4 has a center groove that really does not hold anything.  Need more rail for a M4 to work.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
what about putting the m4/s up front, like a scout set-up?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
No go on the scout setup.  I go the M25 receiver for a reason.  Thanks though.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top