Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 2:28:10 AM EDT
Can someone tell me if Colt made a 30 rounder that is more or less blued,
and not parkerized. I saw one that is blued, Colt floor plate, and green follower.
It was offered to me for sale, but I never saw a blued, so I didn't know if  it
was authentically a Colt.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably crap with a Colt floorplate. Mags are not parked or blued. They are aluminum w/ a dry film lube coating.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a 30rd mag I got in the NIB Colt R6600 I bought. It has a black follower, though. I think it should be a Colt!

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you, Air Commando, that looks just like the one I saw/bought.
I went ahead and bought it, figured "what the heck". Most places
around here want 15-19 bucks for a USA brand mag.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Is yours aluminum? a magnet will answer your question in a heartbeat, if it's aluminum you got what you wanted. Otherwise it's a piece of shit w a Colt floorplate. Hope there's no holes in the mag body.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:20:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Well shit! It has no holes in the mag body, but it will hold a magnet. I guess if
nothing else, my Colt will eat from it, it doesn't seem to mind on mag preferance.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top