Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2006 8:32:47 PM EDT
I just received my 16" WOA 6.8 KG coated black from White Oak. It is a Pac-Nor blank and I chose non M4 feedramps for this barrel. My question is there is a dimple underneath the gas hole on bottom of barrel. I know it is for some sort of gas block, but I was wondering if anyone knows which brand in particular? I believe any will work but if it is designed for 1 in particular I would like to get that brand. I am leaning towards Larue low profile and a 12" Larue. It is a mid length gas design. I must say I am impressed with the quality of this barrel. Anyone out there know what block the dimple is for?

ETA: I just checked and the dimple is very slight and is directly opposite the gas hole.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the dimple on my WOA SPR barrel and it aligns perfectly with one of the two set screws in the bottom of my Vltor gas block.

I would like to think the set screw pattern on my Vltor is standard and hopefully any quality set-screw gas block from PRI or LaRue would fit fine.

Good luck and let us know if this is true
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
So far all the different set screw gas blocks I have used has had the rear set screw in the same palce as it is installed in the same place that the port is drilled that leads from the barrel to the gas tube.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. Thanks and I will post my results with the larue or other block I use. I appreciate the quick answers.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top