Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/23/2005 9:59:11 PM EDT
Just took delivery of my new midlength upper form Rock River. To go on the flat top I decided to go with Rock Rivers own Tactical Carry Handle. I know it's only meant for an Aim Point, bus as that's what's going on it I figured it would be an ok choice. I like how it puts the Aimpoint at the right height above the front site, but still allows the use of irons for more precise shooting for longer ranges - or for a site failure.

I noticed that there's a threaded cap on the right side of the carry handle.

I'm assuming it's for an extra battery, but I wanted to check here first. Also, do I have to worry at all about discharging the battery or other issues while it's in there?

Thanks!

-K
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:16:17 AM EDT
Yes the compartement is for an extra battery. Lithiums don't "discharge" or leak like alkalines, and are much more stable...no big worries about storing it in there for long term. I would be leary of keeping lithiums in excessive heat though, really degrades them like alkalines...but cold has little effect on them.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:56:44 AM EDT
should have opted to get nothing on the flat top.

i thought it was too clumsy feeling had to use the thin little shetmetal mount for the aimpoint to actually work with the carry handle sights.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:33:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
should have opted to get nothing on the flat top.

i thought it was too clumsy feeling had to use the thin little shetmetal mount for the aimpoint to actually work with the carry handle sights.

I shot it for the first time today and I was really pleased with it. With the irons, the first 3 rounds were actually acceptably on target! I moved one up and one right and they stayed there! I was amased. As for the mounting the Aimpoint I found it to be straight forward with a standard weaver ring. The carry handle elevated the Aimpoint enough above the irons that the front site didnt get in the way, but low enough that it didn't throw off my cheek weld. I could still use the irons through the Aimpoint without any problems.

To me this is an improvement over the last rifle I had the Aimpoint on. That required a riser mount to clear the front site post. I also would have had to remove the assembly completely in order to remount the carry handle if there ever was a problem with the Aimpoint. None of that is an issue now. If I decide to go with another site, I can put my new setup on my other flat top upper.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. Incredibly accurate too!

-K
Top Top