Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 7:38:09 AM EDT
I have purchased a used Bushmaster and have a question.  When I load a magazine into it and feed a round with charging handle is it normal to have to let it slam home to properly feed a round or should it go with less force?

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#1]
pull the charging handle all the way to the rear and LET GO.

that's it (basically)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Or to put it another way don't be surprised if you ease the charging handle down and your bolt doesn't lockup.  Usually i find myself using the bolt release to charge the weapon cause i'm either reloading from an empty mag or starting up from a show clear condition.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Pull to the rear and let go!  This is exactly what is taking place when you are firing the weapon (minus the charging handle moving rearward)  It is designed for this.  If you try and ease the charging handle forward you will most likely get a failure to lock as stated above.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The only time to ever manually ease the charging handle forward is if you want to chamber the round quietly... but then you'll need to use the forward assist to finish the job and lock the bolt...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep.  Pull it back and let it fly.

On a side note:  If you chamber a round, and then remove it without firing it, don't be freaked out if the primer is dimpled by the firing pin.  The first time I saw it, I flipped out.  But that's just what happens.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  I feel better.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top