Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 5/21/2005 12:53:14 PM EST
Hi All,

I picked-up a CMT collapsable stock to replace the RRA that was on my AR. Bought a DPMS Castle nut wrench to make the change.

I know that the buffer detent & spring comes loose and will pop out when I unscrew the receiver tube-----was suprized by the longer, thin, spring that was held back by the receiver tube plate.

Two questions:

-As I go to reinstall the long, thin, spring----does it get inserted into that recess/hole on the right side or the lower unit (and will be held in by the receiver plate) or is it somehow supposed to be inserted right in the middle of the bottom of the "cone" of the receiver----that is covered by the floorplate?

-What is the purpose of that long, thin, spring?

Thanks from someone who is mostly "all thumbs"!!

CBR
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:59:29 PM EST
that spring holds the detent of the rear takedown pin
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:40:13 PM EST
the long thin spring goes in the small hole on the right hand side. It what provides the restance behind the rear take down pin. Theres a small piece/pin in there, that slides right in infront of that spring, and that keeps the rear take down pin in place.
the reciever end plate holds it in place.

Take care.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:15:50 PM EST
Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:18:35 PM EST
And it will work with out the little pin on the spring , but it will eventually bend the spring some and you will need to change it .
Top Top