Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 9:22:47 AM EDT
My cuurent AR collection does not include a Bushmaster, not for any particular reason. Just got back from a local gun show and was talking to a guy who just bought one brand new for around $950. I have never in my life seen a worse upper/lower receiver fit. It doesn't appear to be the point of dangerous but it was loose and I mean lose. The takedown pis were super tight. Otherwise a really nice looking rifle. Is this common of Bushmaster or something wrong with this rifle? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
No, it's not common but it does happen.  I was in a local gun shop and the guy kept telling me he had a "killer" deal on a Bushmaster 16" so I asked to see it.  It was a Shorty 16" and the fit was horrible.  On top of that it had scratches and dings all over.  I looked like it had been thrown out a car window at 65MPH.  

I honestly believe this left the factory as beautiful, tight rifle but was damaged in shipping or handling somewhere along the way.  I would bet that is what happened to the one you saw.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#2]
My Bushmaster upper/lower receiver is very tight and they few other Bushmasters I've handled were tight also.  It must be just that rifle.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
My bushy fits very tightly.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Another tight Bushy owner sounding off.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My current Bushmaster upper lower fit is so tight there is ZERO play and I mean none.  It can still be seperated by hand but its not easy.  A bullet tip makes it simple though.  My previous BUshmaster had some play... about average I'd say.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd avoid this deal - unless it's cheap....

I mean REALLY cheap.... almost free.......
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
My Bushmaster has a very tight fit. Literally a "hair" of play.

A few I saw in various gun stores were quite a bit looser. You could get a couple of them to rattle as was also the case with the handguards.

TT
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd avoid this deal - unless it's cheap....

I mean REALLY cheap.... almost free.......
View Quote

Oh I wasn't buying it, a guy who knew me knew i am an AR guy and asked me if I had ever seen that. I thought that would be bizzare for Bushmaster, this was just too nice a rifle to have that slop. I'm wondering if the guy who bought it (he bought it at the last show couple months back) hadn't done something awful to it with a pick axe and sledge hammer to "clean it" Glad to know because I was planning on using a Bushy lower for my next buildup, despite all the hatemail they've been getting here. Question is, can I actually wait until next September to build it the way it was meant to be built or do I get antsy and get it done for Summer....damn I hate these decisions.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top