Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/9/2005 2:50:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 3:07:59 PM EDT by isaidme]
Im looking at this tool and wondering how it works to remove the buffer tube?They say it uses a 3/8" wrench.Please take a look!Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:02:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 3:06:14 PM EDT by IceMan_1]
Yea the big oval hole goes over the end of the A2 buffer tube and the 3/8" square hole is for a 3/8"drive ratchet or extension . I just use a wrench on mine , open end or cresent will work .

Edited to say - it will only work on an A2 tube , not a car tube .
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 3:46:40 PM EDT by isaidme]
Ok,So what tool should I buy to remove my Bushmasters M4 stock and install an LMT stock with milspec tube and nut?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:50:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:51:53 PM EDT
I think I know this, just have to find out what its called. Looks like a spanner wrench. Can also be used on 1911's.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:57:50 PM EDT
Ah I found it at brownells. RRA makes it. AR-15 M4 STOCK WRENCHwww.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=16882&title=AR-15+M4+STOCK+WRENCH. Hopefully the link worked. Haven't quite figured out that part yet.
Top Top