Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 12:22:03 PM EDT
Hey all. Ok. I know the TA31 series has the BAC. My question is can you use the TA01NSN with both eyes open or is it like a traditional scope? Also does the TA01NSN have any tritium in it for night use or are you restricted to the backups or NVG? Thanks.

edited: that damn grammer mistake in the title, irritates me whenever i goto my posts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
1)Yes you can use the TA01NSN with both eyes open.   You can use any scope with both eyes open, although it will be hard to pick up the reticle since it doesn't glow in daytime like a bright TA31.  

For Trijicon (and many members of this board) to say that a scope is "equipped with BAC" is  actually a misnomer.   BAC is a concept- A method of shooting with both eyes open, where the brain superimposes the reticle seen in one eye over the panorama seen by the other eye.   You can use the BAC (Bindon Aiming Concept) with any scope, but most have trouble getting use to it.    Trijicon makes scopes that have a reticle that illuminates with a fiber optic which really assist when using the BAC.    It is not impossible to use BAC on a scope that is not equipped with a brightly lit reticle.   The Trijicon fiber optic just makes it extremely easy to do.  

2) The TA01NSN has yellow tritium that causes the center portion of its reticle to glow at night.  The front back-up sight post on the outside top of the scope also has a green tritium element for night use.   If you plan on hiding from people who are using NVD's, that green element may help them find you.   If you are using NVD's, it may hinder your usage.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahhhh ok. My misunderstanding. Appreciate your help, exactly what i was looking for.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top