Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:25:50 PM EDT
Assuming that you have standard optics in a standard mount, do any of you raise the cheek rest?

I'm thinking of getting the stock. But, it seems like a waste to have all of this adjustment and not be able to use it. Now, I usually like my cheek weld to be rather high on the stock so that it's just up under the bone. But even if this is the case, am I going to want to raise the cheek rest at all? How do you guys have it set up?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:37:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Redhook:
Assuming that you have standard optics in a standard mount, do any of you raise the cheek rest?

I'm thinking of getting the stock. But, it seems like a waste to have all of this adjustment and not be able to use it. Now, I usually like my cheek weld to be rather high on the stock so that it's just up under the bone. But even if this is the case, am I going to want to raise the cheek rest at all? How do you guys have it set up?

My Beowulf has a Leupold 3-9x50mm on it in an armalite mount and I don't have to raise the cheek piece.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:29:37 AM EDT
BSA 4-16x40 Adjustable Objective needed high mounts and this is how I have the stock set.
Also I am a large animal so the extra little bit of length and the comb adjust helped out

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:45:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 4:45:51 AM EDT by indianaman]
i have mine a few clicks up with a leuopld 6.5-20x40 varmit scope with the larue spr 1.5. last year i used an armalite and an a2 stock the prs and larue are the way to go. .02 i'll post a pic later today.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:39:27 PM EDT
Thanks guys. Keep them comming. If I envision this correctly, I see needing a click or two up.

For reference, I will be probably be mounting this stock behind a SPR Mod 0 (Leupold 3.5-10x40mm M1LR on an ARMS SPR Rail with ARMS Med Rings) or behind a Leupold M3 MR/T in a LaRue SPR mount. I believe that they are both roughly the same height.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:06:34 PM EDT
with a larue spr mount. this is where it needs to be for me. i'm 6' 195

Top Top