Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2005 11:50:55 AM EDT
Heya,

I got these at the show today in Tucson for $12 each.  I think they are SA-80 mags...  Any ideas?  If they are I think I got a good deal.

Thanks in advance!

Gazukull

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
standard price for these SA80 mags. I like mine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
i think that the price you paid is good since you got it at a gunshow. usually they are overpriced
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Moderate price, not great but didnt get ripped.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the response guys!

- Gazukull
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You should have kept looking.....On the east side of the building, about in the middle, there was a guy with lot's of camo clothing, and other goodies that was selling "NEW, in the bag (probably bagged by them from a bulk buy) OKAY and Center Industires 30 round green follower mag's for $12 each.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You should have kept looking.....On the east side of the building, about in the middle, there was a guy with lot's of camo clothing, and other goodies that was selling "NEW, in the bag (probably bagged by them from a bulk buy) OKAY and Center Industires 30 round green follower mag's for $12 each.....

great way to rain on the guys parade
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually from my time in the service I have 50+ GI mags (aquired is the term...), I had never seen steel mags before.  The guy in the center with all the camo, did have some beat up body mags for 3 bucks. I was tempted to get those as I play amatuer refinish moly resin guy some more.  

- Gazukull
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Make sure to take a plastic/wooden ruler and work the follower of each of your new "British" mags up and down a couple dozen times to break them in; it makes a world of difference the first time you take them out to the range.

I have ten of them myself and I love 'em, but having brand-new mags as opposed to slightly-used G.I.s requires a bit of a break-in period.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#9]
The aluminuim RG (Radway Green) SA80 mags seem to be superior to the steel ones. And as a bonus the RG mags strip down in seconds.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top