Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2002 9:45:37 AM EDT
Im looking for a simple graph that shows the following...

1. Bullet drop for a standard 55gr .223 round...Using a "normal" load (off the sehlf).

2. Bullet drop for a standard 68gr .223 round...Using a "normal" load (off the shelf).

3. These would be fired from a 20" (leveled) barrel.

4. Need info on drop, every 50 yards, out to about 700 yards.

5. If I get raw info, I can make my own graph. In fact, simple, raw info might be best.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Eric
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]
www.handloads.com/calc/

Believe 2. should read 69grn.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
M193 Graph:

Courtesy of Shoot! ballistics software.

Wanna table???

Courtesy of the same software.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly what I am looking for except I need it to be a 20" barrel.

The Black Hills stuff I have is 68 gr match.

Thank You!

eric
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
<snip>
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Simple mathamatics can give you a rough answer.

Take a bullet, drop it from the height you intend to be firing from... Measure the amount of time it takes to hit the ground. Assuming a level barrel angle that is exactly how long your bullet will be in the air.

Take the bullets velocity, and divide the "flight time" and that should give you a rough estimate as to how much your bullet will drop for a given distance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope this one helps.

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#7]
internet.cybermesa.com/~jbm/ballistics/ballistics.html is the best online calculator I've seen.  You'll need the BC and velocity for whatever loads your interested in.
Winchester's web site gives 3270fps at the muzzle and BC of .266 for Q3131A.  Black Hills' site says 2850fps, but doesn't give a BC.  Another site says .330 for what might be that bullet, but it says M193 is .255, not the .266 from Winchester's site, so take that with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Simple mathamatics can give you a rough answer.

Take a bullet, drop it from the height you intend to be firing from... Measure the amount of time it takes to hit the ground. Assuming a level barrel angle that is exactly how long your bullet will be in the air.

Take the bullets velocity, and divide the "flight time" and that should give you a rough estimate as to how much your bullet will drop for a given distance.

Actually you need to do two "simple" calculations:

1) Find the falling velocity from a given height by: Ve = SQRT(Vi^2 + 2AD) Note: The Vi is initial velocity which in the downward direction is 0 (Zero), A = Rate of Acceleration or thanks to Mr. Newton 32.2 fps, and D = the height of fall. Then this is actually: Ve = SQRT(0 + 2 x 32.2 x D). This will give you an answer in feet per second.

2) Find the time (in seconds): T = (Ve - Vi)/A or realistically T = (Ve - 0)/32.2

Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top