Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2007 8:00:25 PM EDT
Mr. LaRue,

A recent thread concerning scope mounts and zero repeatabity had me convienced your mounts are the best available.  (Good Texas hill country work ethic, no doubthat
Question is...does your QD design midigate any variations in rail dimensions or are upper receiver rails the only thing that every manufacturer gets correct?  If not, who are the offenders?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I own about half a dozen larue optic mounts, a few of their rails and a couple of miscellaneous products so I'll put in my piece.

Larue mounts are made to fit ALL 1913 or similar rails. Pretty much anything that's somewhat close will work. Reason being that Larue mounts are adjustable and will conform to any rail not wildly (and wildly I mean maybe with a gaping hole or a big dent wildly) out of spec. That fact alone makes Larue superior to any other QD option. Though I do own one ARMS mount (the #17S) and it works beautifully on my MRP, I have no doubt it will not be as perfect on another rail system that was even remotely out of spec. Of course the term "in-spec" means alot of things to alot of different people and you will get 10 "in-spec" items that will pass all inspections not being the same, it's a standard and therefore has variance.

Larue  is the best solution to variance.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top