Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 9:12:42 PM EDT
I sighted in my Eotech 512 at 100 yards the other day and noticed when I wanted to move the recticle up I had to turn the adjustment screw in the "down" CW direction. Is this normal or am I just missing something here? The dot is sitting right on top of the front post which I zeroed at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Just like the instructions state, adjusting the set screw DN moves your POI down, UP moves your POI up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
What exactly is cowitnessing. Is it when the recticle, rear aperature and top of front post all line up?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Co-witness is the ability to see your iron sights through your optic if your optic fails. There are two types of co-witness, absolute and 1/3.

1/3 co-witness places the iron sights in the lower 3rd of your optics Field Of View leaving more room to view your target.

Absolute co-witness places the iron sights directly in the center of your optics FOV leaving less room to view your target around the irons.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top