Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 9:22:23 AM EDT
Is the plastic portion of the grip a standard AR unit? In other words, could I get one of these, and then put a green grip on to the metal rail grabber/throw lever part? From the pictures it looks like the grip is canted forward; I don't mind cutting away some plastic to get it to fit, if the basic part is the same. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The new model QD pistol grips use the standard grip on that the weapon uses for logistical reasons. That slope forwad is built into the mount so that it better fits the hand in the extended position, so you will not have to cut anything.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, the grip will require extensive modification.  I'd post pics if it were easier, but I'll try to explain.  The grip is cut at a 30 degree downward angle from the top rear edge, and notches are cut into both sides of the top to accomodate the throw lever assembly.  That said, with a little careful cutting, it should be possible to fit a new grip to the throw lever plate.  If you don't want to do it yourself, give ARMS a shout, they're great people to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The new model QD pistol grips use the standard grip on that the weapon uses for logistical reasons. That slope forwad is built into the mount so that it better fits the hand in the extended position, so you will not have to cut anything.
Good Shootin, Jack
View Quote

So how about us folks with the old one? How do get a replacement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top