Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2005 3:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 7:12:03 PM EDT by WIgunnut]
Thanks for clicking on my thread
I am looking to upgrade my stock trigger group.
Considering price and your experience of usage and quality with them.

Rock River Arms 2 Stage ~ $90-95
LMT 2 Stage ~ $140 ish
Chip McCormick Single or 2 Stage ~ $160

Keep in mind, I have a complete LMT rifle so the LMT 2 Stage is swaying me a bit.
(Obviously)Im looking for minimal take up and a nice crisp break.

Insight will be greatly appreciated due to the fact that I'll need to sell some UZI mags to help fund the purchase.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:10:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:22:14 PM EDT
Thank you for the reply Mr. Grant,
Even though its a great responce, Id like to ask if you can elaborate on the CMC trigger feel and function.
Would I be better off getting a CMC with the Single Stage or 2 stage?
A crisp trigger is all I need and a 2 stage may not be to my liking.
The rifle is a 16" Barreled LMT, no magnified or non-magnified optics mounted just an ARMS 40A2.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:03:57 PM EDT
Only 15 reads so far...geeze guys come on.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:24:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 5:25:27 PM EDT by ar-jedi]

Originally Posted By WIgunnut:
Only 15 reads so far...geeze guys come on.

read this again:

I'M AWARE OF ONE CMC TRIGGER GOING 35 THOUSAND ROUNDS WITHOUT A PROBLEM. IT WAS INSTALLED IN THE LOWER THAT THE CONTRACTOR WHO BUILT THE MAJORITY OF CRANE'S SPR'S USED FOR TESTING THE SPR UPPERS WHEN COMPLETED. I DOUBT THERE ARE ANY OTHER PRECISION TRIGGERS WITH A DOCUMENTED ROUND COUNT THAT CAN EVEN REMOTELY APPROACH THIS.
<snip>
I USE CMC TRIGGERS IN THREE LOWERS WITH OUTSTANDING RESULTS. I HAVE FIVE WITH KAC TRIGGERS, AS WELL, GENERALLY ACKNOWLEDGED AS THE BEST AVAILABLE, THAT I HAVE HAD FOR SOME TIME AND HAVE USED WITH SUPERB RESULTS, AS WELL. TWO OF THE KAC TRIGGERS I HAVE ADJUSTED TO THE POINT THAT I THINK THEY'RE DANG NEAR PERFECT. THE OTHER TWO KAC TRIGGERS STILL GREAT, BUT ARE NO BETTER THAN MY CMC TRIGGERS. CONSIDERING THE CMC TRIGGERS COST HALF AS MUCH, I THINK THIS MAKES THEM A GREAT VALUE.

now consider the source. our man wes doesn't fuck around with mickey mouse shit.

see also
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=231976
and
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=207316 (READ 2nd PAGE!)

ar-jedi (disclosure: yes, i am a CMC trigger owner and yes, i got it from MSTN)

Top Top