Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:51:40 PM EDT
Hey guys. I got my TangoDown Battlegrip in the mail a few weeks ago. I installed it pretty quickly and, by doing so, I fear that I may have used the same screws that held in my A2 grip, which the instructions say not to do. Can anyone explain to me what the little bag of stuff that comes with the Battlegrip looks like?

The reason being is because I found a tiny ziplock bag containing (everything has a black finish): hex head screw, ring washer, crush washer, and maybe something else but I don't have it with me currently.  Some of the threads on the hex head screw have some blue stuff on them.  Does this bag contain my A2 screws or the actual BG screws? I know I did not use a crush washer when I installed the Battlegrip, if that means anything. I want to know rather than having to take the grip off and looking since I have no basis of comparison. The grip is definitely secure on my gun as is, though.

Thanks for helping with this predicament of mine, no matter how overshadowed with stupidity it may be. I just wanna make sure I have my grip installed correctly before I get out and shoot the shit out of it within the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the TD grip and only remember a long screw and washer that came with it (aside from the wrench).  I say, if it is secure, keep an eye on it and run with it.  

G'luck!

ETA:  Ok, I just read my little paper that came with my TD grip and it says:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to manufacturing differences from various rifle makers, failure to use BATTLEGRIP fastener and sealing washer COULD POSSIBLY CAUSE FIREARM MALFUNCTION, and water leakage in battery cavity... blah blah blah.

If no one answers on here with a good solution, I recommend e-mailing [email protected] as suggested on the card.  

Please let us know how you come out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have the TD grip and only remember a long screw and washer that came with it (aside from the wrench).  I say, if it is secure, keep an eye on it and run with it.  

G'luck!

ETA:  Ok, I just read my little paper that came with my TD grip and it says:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to manufacturing differences from various rifle makers, failure to use BATTLEGRIP fastener and sealing washer COULD POSSIBLY CAUSE FIREARM MALFUNCTION, and water leakage in battery cavity... blah blah blah.

If no one answers on here with a good solution, I recommend e-mailing [email protected] as suggested on the card.  

Please let us know how you come out.

Thanks for the response.  I don't remember a crush washer coming with my Battlegrip - only a long screw and ring washer like you said.  I'll hang around and see what other responses roll in.  Otherwise, I'll email TD if I have to.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you ever find your answer to this?  If I have to, I will pull my grip off real quick, snap a pic of the screw and washer and post it for ya.  I want you to have your answer.  Please let me know!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh hey Tom!  Sorry I haven't checked back up on this thread, I was in the process of moving back to campus for a day.   I've searched all over, but I still haven't gotten a clear, definite answer on whether or not I am using the right set of screws.  I'd hate for you to have to take your grip off, but it would help tremendously.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Done!

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent!  Thank you, Tom.  It appears I did use the right set of screws, afterall.  I really appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't mention it... now go shoot it and have fun!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top