Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/6/2006 1:09:48 PM EDT
I bought a Armalight lower parts kit for my build and when I assembled it the selector switch is a little loose and not quite precise. Do I need to get a different selector switch or jus try to adjust it ? it just feels a little loose. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:19:22 PM EDT
Did you use the correct detent and spring? Is it installed correctly with the spring going into the hole in the pistol grip?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:28:41 PM EDT
I will check but everything else fits fine could the detent be changeable with another one? which one ? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:36:21 PM EDT
I took pistol grip off and checked spring and detent both correct and reassembled them and tightened up grip MIAD and it seemed to be a little better still a little play back and forth side to side unlike other AR. hmmmmmmm???
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:45:06 AM EDT
Sometimes the detent depressions are cut a little wider and/or deeper on a given switch and this will give you a sloppy feeling. I've even seen it on Colt built M16 parts. In some other cases the hole in the lower for the detent itself is a couple of thousanths on the big side, in which case you're going to have a bit of slop no matter what you do.

Just part of thr joy of owning more than one AR are the variations you encounter between different pieces
Top Top