Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 5:44:05 PM EDT
Here's a stupid question, but I am stumped so I figured I'd turn to the pros on this website. I want to change the compensator on my S+W M&P15A. I borrowed a friend's DPMS Multi-Tool, but the slot that's designed to remove the compensator won't fit over the flattened sides of the factory installed compensator. Is there something I'm missing? I assumed the DPMS tool would work on any AR, but maybe my assumption is faulty. Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:56:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2007 5:57:25 PM EDT by JoeBud]
That is odd, but if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Have you thought about using a standard wrench? Should be 3/4".
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:29:10 PM EDT
That's what I plan to try next. I'm going to take a wrench and a washcloth (so I don't scratch anything) and see if that will loosen it. I just figured I'd ask first in case there was something I was unaware of. Thanks for the quick reply.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:29:13 PM EDT
Who's the manufacturer of the comp or is it a standard A2 type FH? If so I agree, the 3/4 wrench should work...the longer the wrench the better.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:32:28 PM EDT
I don't know who makes it, to be honest. It's the standard factory installed comp that comes on the M&P15A.
Top Top