Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 10:38:31 AM EDT
Do piston uppers such as the Sig 516 or LWRC use a standard BCG and bolt like the DI uppers do?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but next time post this question in the AR Piston Systems sub-forum. There is a lot of info related to the 516 in that section.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  Will do
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
You have been misinformed.  Piston guns (most of them) use proprietary Bolt carriers.   LWRC is different than LMTs, and LMT is different than AA, etc.  The bolts are the same, but the carriers are different.  Some have anti-tilt technology, some are cut a little differently, etc.

Also most of them nowadays are one piece and you cannot change them out to work with DI guns.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I read it as does a piston gun take a standard bolt. I did not see the carrier part of the question (or the OP edited his initial post). Piston systems will take standard bolts but the carriers are typically one piece units without the bolt-on gas key. That said, I have seen bolt-on piston-compatible fittings that replace the gas key but I would not recommend them to anyone.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top