Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2013 5:56:52 PM EDT
I'm new to the whole AR thing. Purchased my first AR (Stag 8) a few months before the insanity. I've been wanting to build a few specifically a pistol. I have a Noveske 7.5" 6.8m barrel and a bolt.

Concerning uppers/lowers:

Is there anything unique about 'pistol' uppers and lowers as opposed to standard AR's?
Can one successfully build an AR pistol using non-designated pistol uppers/lowers?

I understand all the legal issues, my questions apply only to fit/finish and whatever concerns are out there.

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Short answer, its all good...

No differences. Mix and match as needed (receivers).

Nick
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is there anything unique about 'pistol' uppers and lowers as opposed to standard AR's?

No.

Can one successfully build an AR pistol using non-designated pistol uppers/lowers?

Yes.

I understand all the legal issues...

Then you know the one prerequisite the lower must have in order to build a legal pistol, good.

- OS

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that was easy

thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top