Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/13/2006 4:52:48 PM EST
My friend just bought a new barrelled upper. When you look down the barrel you can see some metal burrs/pieces that look like they are slightly protruding into the barrel from where the gas tube is.

If you run a patch down the barrel you can feel it lightly snag on the metal burrs area.

Is this normal from the manufacturing process?

Will firing a round clear it out?

Should he return it?

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:04:09 PM EST
Discharge 50 rounds, clean, and re-inspect.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:38:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:43:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:47:49 PM EST
Sounds like a burr from when they drilled the gas port. Usually it will not affect accuracy but it will pick up more copper fouling. Shooting will not eliminate the problem. Some barrel makers drive a bullet into this area when they drill the gas port for a backup to avoid a burr. If it is a chrome lined barrel I would not worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:52:11 PM EST
Thanks everyone.
Top Top