Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 2:31:28 AM EDT
For those of you who have the YHM 2 piece HGs, you know there are threaded holes at the front of these guards to accept YHM swivel studs.  My question to you all is:  Does anybody use this option for mounting their slings and if so, has it negatively affected the tightnes of the HG?  I really want the side sling mounting but I do not want these guards to loosen up as a result.  Any experiences, advise, or pictures would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance folks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't read...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this a dupe cause I swear I answered it already.

Answer is no, or at least it hasn't on mine.  But then again I am usuing the MI push button QD swivel set up, which I really like.

Seydou

ETA: I should've checked before I submitted.  Yeah it is a dupe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I haven't heard one instance of them loosening up the handguards.  That's a ridiculous, no offense, idea.  That's what a FF forend is for- giving you an option for mounting your sling so that it doesn't have to attach to the barrel's sling swivel.

He's not asking about FF tube, he's asking about the 2 pc. that fits onto the HG cap and uses the delta ring.

I've got the 2 pc. set but have never attached anything to them, I'm not sure how well they'd hold up to slings, bipods or VG's. The hang guard cap was desinged well before any one started using them as mounting points.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]
aw man did I f*ck that up.  Sorry.  I always forget that they make the 2-piece.

I'd suggest their FF tubes because of the price but I'd go elsewhere for any 2-piece setups.  I'd go for the samson or troy, but have not tried them myself.  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top