Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2003 3:43:52 PM EDT
Hi,

I just bought a 20" Bushmaster upper with an AK break, in fact, this is the model http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/post-ban/pura2b20.asp  20in Post Ban National Match Target Model Upper Receiver

I have a preban colt that I bought from prideboss (which is so sweet :) ) and that has a detachable carry handle, so I wanted an AR without a detachable handle.  I don't know why, I just did.

I also picked up an oly arms T3 forged lower receiver at a gun show a while back.

So I thought I'd buy the parts and stock for the Oly lower I have, and put this bushmaster upper on it.

However, I also thought it would be cool to pick up a bushmaster lower at the gun show coming up in January, and then do a stainless steel bull barrel oly rifle complete at a later date.  I even have a custom free float tube ready for that one.  http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/albums/album_image/42605/70641.htm  The one in the picture is mine, and I haven't put it on a rifle yet.

Having said all that, can I buy a bushmaster parts kits for my Oly lower and complete my gun for time being?  I think I'd sleep better knowing my upper had a lower.  The upper hasn't shipped yet, but I bought it nearly two weeks ago from bushmaster, so I assume it will ship soon.

Will I have any problems puting a Bushmaster lower parts kit in an oly arms receiver, and will that complete lower receiver work just fine with my Bushmaster upper?

Sorry, I'm rambling, but I got like four beers in me and I just wanted to talk without thinking too hard.

Thanks for the info and opinions in advance!
E (Qiii)
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Having said all that, can I buy a bushmaster parts kits for my Oly lower and complete my gun for time being?  I think I'd sleep better knowing my upper had a lower.

Will I have any problems puting a Bushmaster lower parts kit in an oly arms receiver, and will that complete lower receiver work just fine with my Bushmaster upper?

(Qiii)
View Quote

Yes you can, my friend put a BM parts kit in his Oly lower, and it works fine. He says it fills like a better kit than the original Oly. ( springs )

The upper and lower should work together fine.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The only problem I ever had was when I built an Oly stripped lower using a DPMS lower parts set, the trigger pin walked on me once while I was shooting it, I don't know if the tolerance was a bit different, but it's all supposed to be milspec.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Another friend with a Oly lower had the same problem.

FWIW It was also with a DPMS parts kit. I'll have to ask him, but I think he also switched it to a BM kit.

May just be coincidence.

KZ
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top