Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:49:12 PM EDT
I recently completed my first build and I thought it wasn't real bad - actually kind of enjoyed it.  

Now a friend of my Dad wants me to do one for him.  He'll buy everything - including the reciever.  I'm sure he'll pay me for the work.  What are the legal requirements?  Am I indeed allowed to do this?  How many am I allowed to do - for other guys or for myself?  My first inclination would be to do it with him - basically help him do it.  That way it's a non issue altogether.  However, I was told that he pretty much wants to hand it to me and pick it up later ready to shoot.  

So what say you, oh great collection of experts?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-K
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Legally I don't see how this is any different than putting a scope on a firearm for someone who lets you borrow their gun.

As long as you aren't in the buisness of doing this, you wouldn't need to be a FFL/Gunsmith type.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Should be fine.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top