Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2009 12:12:09 PM EST
I've been building this rifle from the ground up, so I don't have a front sight to remove or anything. At the moment it's a stripped barrel, with everything behind the barrel assembled.

I just got my LaRue rail in the mail (and it's AWESOME), but I don't have my gas block yet (YHM low profile, set-screw type). It's a carbine barrel.

My question is, can I go ahead and install the rail now, and put the lo-pro gas block on after (without having to remove the rail), or should I just wait for the gas block, install it, and then put the rail on after?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 12:25:59 PM EST
I would wait til the gas block shows up. If the rail covers it you will have to install the block first.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 12:33:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2009 12:35:40 PM EST by UTex86]
I just "installed" it, but just finger tight (no tools) to see what it will look like and to hold everything together so I don't lose anything. I am satisfied now (the build itch has subsided), and I will just wait for the block to arrive before I do things more permanent.

Looks great too, I am very happy with the rail. I was wary to spend that much on it at first, but now that I have it I'm glad I did (and all the LaRue extras are nice too.... except my head is too big for the hat ).
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 1:30:28 PM EST
PICS?
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 2:03:28 PM EST
Just a head's up, but I'm pretty sure the YHM lo-pro block is going to be too big to allow the LaRue rail to slide on over it. The LaRue rails have a very small opening at the back of them and you may have a problem. Will the gas block be exposed in front of the rail, or will it be under it?
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 2:15:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2009 2:16:56 PM EST by yamatitan]
I had to put my handguard on but dont tighten the handguard nut. Then I turned the handguard to a position where I could install the gas block. Then I straightened the handguard and screwed the handguard nut on. I couldnt fit the gas block through the opening in the back but could in the front. Just did the install yesterday.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/pufferdude/Bushmaster%20AR15/012.jpg
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 3:14:49 PM EST
Just a heads up. I had a hell of a time tightening the barrel nut on my LaRue rail, my barrel wrench didn't fit the holes correctly. I think I'm going to make a special wrench like the one shown in the thread here on how to install a LaRue rail.
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 5:38:54 AM EST
Can anyone tell me what length rail that is??? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 5:11:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By KimberTLE45:
Can anyone tell me what length rail that is??? Thanks!

9in I believe.

Link
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:06:39 PM EST
Yea is the 9.0
Top Top