Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 10/4/2007 6:19:22 PM EST
Ive got a possible deal on a really nice lower that I would like to build my own Beowulf .50 from.

Its a mil spec lower. I know that I could just order an Alexander Arms upper, bolt it on and be done with it but Id like to do something unique.

Im thinking a Vltor Weapons Sytems upper with the .50 barrel and bolt.

Am I offbase? Is there anything completely different with the .50 upper? What are my options as far as barrels and such? Anyone else build their own?

Ideas?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:19:51 PM EST
Greetings I have a beowulf. I got 16" entry. I went the easy "cheap" route.
If by

Vltor Weapons Sytems upper
you mean VIS you may have issues with gas block clearance unless you get something customized such as a Saturn sp?? barrel to mate to normal Vltor upper and custom gas block.

Sorry if I confused you, maybe curlymaple42 will be along to help.

LittleLamb
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:01:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:12:47 AM EST
I believe you will have to open up the ejection port a bit too for clearance of the larger round.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:59:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:48:06 AM EST
Yessum. Port opened up a little. Port covers are available though now from a guy on the 50beowulf.com forum. Plain or lasered. Lasered should be available this week. I do not know anyone who has done a build yet with a Satern barrel/bolt combo, but it should shoot sweet. You need to get a gas block and send it to them and they will fit it for you. I think $355 is what they get for the basic setup. Then of course you could add fluting and whatever to it as well. Any length. I would keep it at 16" though and have the barrel threaded for an AA brake.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:23:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By Curlymaple42:
Yessum. Port opened up a little. Port covers are available though now from a guy on the 50beowulf.com forum. Plain or lasered. Lasered should be available this week. I do not know anyone who has done a build yet with a Satern barrel/bolt combo, but it should shoot sweet. You need to get a gas block and send it to them and they will fit it for you. I think $355 is what they get for the basic setup. Then of course you could add fluting and whatever to it as well. Any length. I would keep it at 16" though and have the barrel threaded for an AA brake.

Does AA offer a threaded brake? I thought it was attached by a hi temp bonding agent. Or is that just the "add your own version"?

Looks like I might have to build one too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:56:27 AM EST
Built mine...love it ...cannon...AA pissed me off with the whole not releasing the patent and rights to ammo. Long story and telephone conv. with them. I used entry upper complete did wanna build an un-engineered rifle..especially one with that much fire in the bang stick
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:57:16 AM EST
that should have read did NOT want to build an un-engineered rifle
Top Top