Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 9:10:14 PM EDT

Hey Ya'll!

I am hoping that someone could help me decipher what is in this box that I have.

I know that it's 7.62 X39mm ammo and I know there are 1200 rounds.

The box is completely wood. Nailed shut. I don't want to have to open the box, if it depreciates the contents, unless I absolutely have to.

At any rate, the markings on the box read:

GROSS WT. 24kg
L   W   H
46cm 13cm 15cm
Number: 1200

There is nothing else stamped on the box as I can see.

There are wooden handles on each side of the box and the remnants of a red sticker. The bottom is plain, but the top looks like the planks are tongue and groove.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Shan
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some Norinco ammo I bought in the early 90's that's packaged in a similar manner. Wooden crate nailed shut, with handles and 1200 round content.

I also have Russian ammo that's packed the same way, but all of it that I have contained more than 1200 rounds per crate. It also has more specific markings as to content and origin.

It's possible it could be something else, but the best educated guess I can make is that it's Norinco (Chinese).
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:46:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Thanks for the help!

By the way, is it okay for me to open the box, or should I just leave it as is?

Thanks!
Shan
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think opening the wooden box will hurt anything.

There are more likely metal can inside, opening them would.

there will likely be more writing on the metal cans.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Okie doke!

Thanks guys!

Shan
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't want to have to open the box, if it depreciates the contents, unless I absolutely have to.

Depreciates the contents?!?  Are you collecting ammo?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top