Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2003 2:19:04 PM EDT
I purchased front and rear Trijicon night sights for one of my carbines. I wanted to see if I could place my front sight on a target located in a dark or "shadowed" area. Late last night (very little moon light) I got up and practiced acquiring a sight alignment with which I had no problems.

The rear sight created a green blur that filled and nearly blocked my right eyes field of view. I assume this is one of the reason many people do not like the Trijicon rear sight on there rifle?

How useful is a Trijicon front site post when used in conjunction with a normal A2 aperture?

Is it true that the light from a Trijicon night site is very apparent to someone using a night vision device? Any input would be appreciated.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The rear sight created a green blur that filled and nearly blocked my right eyes field of view. I assume this is one of the reason many people do not like the Trijicon rear sight on there rifle?
View Quote

That’s why I only get the front ones. I just keep the A2 aperture on there and everything works fine.

J
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Go get a black marker and go over the green elements, that will dim them - or you can replace them with the dimmer yellow unit.  I would rather have them than not at all, just dimmed to my preference level with a marker.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top