Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/14/2003 5:26:07 PM EDT
I am kind of confused about RRA barrels. I have heard that they are not chrome-lined, and I have also heard the contrary. Does this just apply to their post or preban barrels, or to specific models? I am wondering specifically about their 16" Carbines, with either the car handguard or the mid-length handguard. Do either of these models have a chrome-lined barrel? I know that chrome-lined barrels resist corrosion better and clean easier, but do you all think that it really will hurt me that much?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:53:36 PM EDT
RR advertises chrome lining as an extra cost option, but the only barrels they seem to regularly put out w/chrome seem to be the M4 types-----and you have to be careful there. They sold some M4 type barrels awhile back that were supposed to be chrome lined, and weren't. I know, cause I got one, and have seen posts from others who also got unlined after they paid for lined.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:05:19 PM EDT
Welcome to the board [wave] I believe only the M4 barrel comes Chrome Lined right now as an option. Most of the guys here are going to say yes get the chrome lined barrel. If you had your choice of either or than go Chrome Lined. If it meant waiting months for one than forget it. Also the amount of shooting you do would be the deciding factor. Hope this helped. Safe ShOoTiNg Jerry [):)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:12:11 PM EDT
I am interested in a RRA as well. I will be purchasing the M4 Entry Tactical Model with fake suppressor and chrome lined barrel. I talked with their customer service today and a chrome lined barrel is not standard on this model, you must specify it and it cost extra. May also add a week to lead time...6 weeks from the factory. The question I have...how do you know if it is chrome lined? What do you look for?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:29:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2003 6:31:21 PM EDT by zhukov]
Originally Posted By Weatherby: I am interested in a RRA as well. I will be purchasing the M4 Entry Tactical Model with fake suppressor and chrome lined barrel. I talked with their customer service today and a chrome lined barrel is not standard on this model, you must specify it and it cost extra. May also add a week to lead time...6 weeks from the factory. The question I have...how do you know if it is chrome lined? What do you look for?
View Quote
Chrome lining is plainly obvious - it's very shiny. From what I've heard, dealing with RRA directly can be a pain. Look into buying a rifle from one of the dealers which are well reviewed on this board, such as Pete at Legal Transfers or ADCO forearms. One other thing about chrome lining. It does make the barrel easier to clean, and it lasts marginally longer, but it's not a magic substance. If possible, opt for it (I believe it's $35 from RRA), but don't kill yourself either. So you spend a couple of minutes extra cleaning your gun....
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:00:23 PM EDT
Pete from Legal Transfers carries the RRA chrome-lined barrels/uppers in stock.He's on the industry section here. [url]www.ar15sales.com[/url]
Top Top