Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:39:58 AM EDT
I am thinking about building an M16A1 copy for my next AR.  I've seen M16A1 uppers for sale in a few places, but they all say NFA rules apply.  Is is just the bolt carrier that makes it illegal to make into an AR?  Am I missing something here?  Can I legally build this into an AR?  Now that the AWB has ended, I want to build something with a flash hider and bayo lug.  I don't need either, but that's not the point.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can build with them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
They were probably referring to the facrt that the milsurp A1 upper assys all have flash suppressors.  Now, of course they are perfectly legal
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
fordtruck, if you are not in a big hurry to get the upper, I may have a complete Colt M16A1 upper for sale next week. It's a 1/12 twist chrome lined bore and chamber with tear drop F/A and all the evil features are intact. The finish on the reciever is black and matches the color on most lowers very well. I bought it new from CDNN a couple of years ago. It has less than 200 rounds through it. The bolt and charging handle won't be for sale since I am thinking about an M4 build.  If I decide to sell, the A1 stock set will go with it. If you're interested IM me and we can discuss.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top