Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 6:39:58 AM EST
I am thinking about building an M16A1 copy for my next AR. I've seen M16A1 uppers for sale in a few places, but they all say NFA rules apply. Is is just the bolt carrier that makes it illegal to make into an AR? Am I missing something here? Can I legally build this into an AR? Now that the AWB has ended, I want to build something with a flash hider and bayo lug. I don't need either, but that's not the point.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:32:41 AM EST
Yes, you can build with them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:58:48 PM EST
They were probably referring to the facrt that the milsurp A1 upper assys all have flash suppressors. Now, of course they are perfectly legal
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:46:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 1:48:28 PM EST by Sukebe]
fordtruck, if you are not in a big hurry to get the upper, I may have a complete Colt M16A1 upper for sale next week. It's a 1/12 twist chrome lined bore and chamber with tear drop F/A and all the evil features are intact. The finish on the reciever is black and matches the color on most lowers very well. I bought it new from CDNN a couple of years ago. It has less than 200 rounds through it. The bolt and charging handle won't be for sale since I am thinking about an M4 build. If I decide to sell, the A1 stock set will go with it. If you're interested IM me and we can discuss.
Top Top